All notable changes to sceval will be documented in this file.
- The new configuration parameter
minPhaseConfirmallows confirmation of origins reaching or exceeding a number of arrivals
- The new command-line option
--forceforces evaluation of origins without testing the original status, mode or author. Use the option for testing the configuration and for forcing evaluation.
- The new command-line option -O allows filtering of origins by their ID in XML playbacks.
- Added more details and examples to command-line help.
- The new configuration parameter
output.ignoreStatusdefines origin evaluation states for which origins are not evaluated. By default no origin which has already an evaluation status is evaluated. This parameter potentially changes the behviour of sceval if processed origins have a non-empty evaluation status. To restore the previous behaviour, set
output.ignoreStatus = "".
- The new maxRMS parameter allows to reject origins with large RMS residual. The parameter may be important if locator modules do not check the origin RMS or if the check is very tolerant.
- Re-design documentation.
- According to documentation reject origins with depth < minDepth and depth > maxDepth instead of <= minDepth and >= minDepth, respectively.
- So far only origins which belong to events were evaluated in XML playback mode. Now we evaluate all origins of the event parameter set.
- Before we checked at start if a station has a valid epoch in the inventory for the current time. Some customers noticed that historical data could not be processed when the inventory did not contain such an epoch. Now we just check if the station is part of the inventory.
- Use the configuration parameter distanceProfilesMinPhase correctly.
- Do not apply minPhase if the number of used phases >= distanceProfilesMinPhase However, when distanceProfilesMinPhase = 0, minPhase is considered.
- Return the origin status and stop evaluations or origins whenever modified.
- Use -1 as default for gapMinPhase which disables extended Gap criterium.
- Every method adds the comment “scevalMethod” to identify the method which set the status
- Executing extended GAP evaluation after station-distance evaluation allows to confirm origins rejected before by station-distance evaluation.
- Do not set the maxGap comment by default if GAP = 360. The change will not comment single-stations observations, e.g. from arrays. Events may be located by single arrays with beam picks (arrival times, backazimuth, slowness). Solutions from single arrays have GAP = 360 degree. With this change, the sceval plugin will not set the event type, e.g. to “not locatable” even if the event was observed only at a single array unless specifically configured by maxGap = 360.
- Changed the option name playback to sloppy.
- New option noQC to allow running sceval without waveform QC parameters, e.g. in playbacks
- New option mismatchScore.use to disable calculating the mismatchScore without setting the origin status. Useful for testing and tuning.
- When stations are unavailable during startup, the scqc does not deliver values. Therefore, all stations are inactive for evaluation during startup of sceval and are only activated by incoming waveform QC parameters which must be in range. This may delay the full functioning of sceval by some seconds.
- Added the option qc.useDatabase allowing to read waveform QC parameters from the database. Doing so may slow down sceval during startup.
- Added availability to the default waveform QC parameters, qc.parameters, to be tested.
- Added parameter playback to facilitate sceval working on data even is QC parameters are missing due to short waveform time windows during playback.
- If a station is inactive due to out-of-range QC parameters, is immediately activated when it provides an arrival to the evaluated origin.
- Update origins and comments creation/modification time if the evaluation status or text was updated
- The evsceval plugin for scevent does not set the event type if the event has manual origins or if the configuration parameter “rejected” is < 0.
- sceval now fully supports XML playbacks using the –ep option. Before, only the preferred origin of an event was evaluated. Now, all origins are evaluated. This allows to use sceval in XML-based offline playback on origins before involving scevent.
- Plugin evsceval: setting the event type may overwrite the event type set by other modules. Therefore, the operation is disabled by default configuration.
- sceval-tune script checks the existance of the profile input file, provides more descriptive error output and considers events in a default time window if unset.
- Check the depth of an origin and reject events shallower than minDepth or deeper than maxDepth.
- Removed connection.username and connection.server from default configuration to allow for sceval alias modules to be executed in parallel with default configuration
- evsceval plugin for with multi-agency test for scevent: The contribution of several agencies to an event may be used as a criterion to set the status of origins contributed by one or more agencies. Setting the status is only available if the original origin status is neither final, confirmed or rejected. The description XML files have beeni uniquely renamed. To avoid duplicates, remove from seiscomp3/etc/description/ the files evalcomment.xml and evsceval.xml. Only keep scevent_evsceval.xml.
- DistanceProfilesMinPhase requiring a minimum number of phases for station-distance statistics, over-rules the minPhase parameter
- Descriptive output for tuning mode
- SetupName considers the module for which a station has a binding profile
- Fix database query
- Set origin comment: scevalMethod
- Calculate mismatchScore even if origin was rejected or confirmed before by other medthod, but do not use the mismatchScore
- Gap criterion: add maxGap comment but do not reject origin
- Event IDs to plots in tuning mode
- Add GAP criterion
- Support empty distance profiles
- Ignore already rejected origins
- Add documentation for QC